This document sets out how Insider Pro Ltd (hereafter "Insider Pro") uses and protects any information that you provide to us either through forms on the website, verbally or by other means. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
This policy is effective from .Insider Pro may change this policy from time-to-time by updating this page. You should check this page on a regular basis for updates and to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
For the purpose of the data protection legislation including the Data Protection Act 1998 and from 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the data controller is Insider Pro Ltd.
GDPR Legal basis
When we market our business the legal basis we use for processing your data is “legitimate interest”. We market ourselves directly to people who are in our target market, and we are careful to target only those who could have a reason to be interested in our services. Without a database to market to, we would not have a business.
Once you have entered into a contract with us as a client, by accepting the terms of the Managed Services Agreement (incorporating our Terms of Business) and this Privacy Notice, then we rely on “Contract” as the lawful basis on which we collect and use all further personal data during the performance of our services.
How we gather data
We gather data through forms on our website, networking events and information that is publicly displayed on company websites, LinkedIn and other websites. We also collect data from emails and other communications that you send to us.
What we collect
We are only targeting people in the line of their work, and therefore the profile information that we maintain relates to their job role, the company they work for, and the engagement that those people have with our website and marketing communications (phone, email, direct mail and other). We believe that through accurate profiling, we will be marketing to the right people and providing helpful information to their job role and business goals.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including name, email address, company name and phone number.
- Profile information relating to your business including job role, industry sector and interests in so far as they relate to the products and services that we sell.
- We may ask you to complete surveys for research purposes, though you do not need to do so.
- Details of visits to our site and engagement with our marketing communications.
- Information provided by you about another person
If you are providing information about another person then you should ensure that you have authority to disclose such information (in accordance with any applicable data protection or privacy laws (including the GDPR)) and all data should be complete, accurate and up to date.
Collected from other sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:
- Companies House
- Business websites and information that is in the public domain
- Organisations who have referred work to us (for example, HubSpot, other partners or existing customers)
- Our communications systems (such as mobile phones, voicemail, email, messaging systems and internet facilities).
How we use your data
By providing this information you are giving us explicit permission to use your data in the following ways:
- To understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
- To use the information to improve our products and services.
- To identify visitors to the website. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may periodically send promotional email about our products, services, events or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research
- purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- On occasion, we use a third party to
- If you submit a CV to us, we will only use your personal information for recruitment purposes. Except when you request otherwise, we may keep your personal data on file for an appropriate time, in order to consider you for other employment opportunities.
Disclosure of your information
Other than that, we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission. There are two exceptions to this:
- If Insider Pro Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Occasionally we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
Where we store your data
Your product and service data is held by our service provider, HubSpot Inc, in their CRM tool, and also your contact details are stored in our Microsoft Office 365 cloud based environment:
Microsoft’s Office 365 Trust and Compliance documentation can be found here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/trustcenter/cloudservices/office365
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Data processed outside of the U.K
Pages of our website and our CRM tool are both hosted by HubSpot Inc in the United States of America and accordingly, data captured and obtained from us and our clients within the E.U. may be processed outside the E.U.
We use for our own marketing and provide services to clients via Hubspot Inc’s CRM Tool and we must comply with their Acceptable Use Policy (https://legal.hubspot.com/acceptable-use) which prohibits the use of their subscription service to send unsolicited commercial email in violation of applicable laws, and requires the inclusion in every email sent using the their subscription service of an ‘Opt out’ mechanism and other required information.
If we violate this policy Hubspot can immediately suspend or terminate the subscriber in breach. Accordingly, we shall not or offer to provide services to you that do not comply with Hubspot’s Acceptable Use Policy.
Retention of your personal information
We retain personal information that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about the services we provide. We will delete this information securely when finished with it. We will delete this at an earlier date if you request we do so.
You have the following rights:
Access to your information - You have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold.
Correcting your information - We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date and you may ask us to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
Deletion of your information - You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you where:
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained.
- We are using that information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent see “Withdrawing consent to using your information” below.
- You have validly objected to our use of your personal information - see Objecting to how we may use your information below.
- Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations.
Objecting to how we may use your information - You have the right at any time to require us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In addition, where we use your personal information to perform tasks carried out in the public interest then, if you ask us to, we will stop using that personal information unless there are overriding legitimate grounds to continue.
Restricting how we may use your information - In some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information. This right might apply, for example, where we are checking the accuracy of personal information about you that we hold or assessing the validity of any objection you have made to our use of your information. The right might also apply where this is no longer a basis for using your personal information but you don't want us to delete the data. Where this right to validly exercised, we may only use the relevant personal information with your consent, for legal claims or where there are other public interest grounds to do so.
Withdrawing consent using your information - Where we use your personal information with your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given i.e. receipt of newsletters or marketing material.
Please contact us in any of the ways set out in the “How to contact us” section below if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
How To Contact Us
If you need to contact us about your data (to obtain a copy, request removal, or request an update, for example) or if you have a complaint about the way we handle your data please contact us by email at hello@InsiderPro.co.uk or in writing to Insider Pro Ltd, 122 Warwick Street, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV32 4QY
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, whose contact details are as follows:
Registered Office Details for Insider Pro Ltd
Registration No: 11724656
Address: Highdown House, 11 Highdown Road, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, England, CV31 1XT